IT / Infrastructure
Data Centre Storage Project Manager
Harvey Nash Offices:
4301 Waterside Centre
Birmingham Business Park
93-95 Hanover Street
Ref. No.: 338152/001
Location: London - City
Contract: Full-Time TEMPORARY position
Contract details: None
Salary: £480 to £530 - None
Data Centre Storage Project Manager A Leading Financial Services firm aData Centre Storage Project Manager
A Leading Financial Services firm are looking to hire an experienced Data Centre Storage Project Manager to work in their London Offices on an initial 6 month rolling contract.
Job Description: The business are looking to consolidate and migrate Data Centers in Central London. This program will vacate all assets in those to a new DC. This new DC2 Storage Project Manager is required to join the existing Project Team as part of a UK Data Centre migration Program.
The role will help to:
* Manage Infrastructure Readiness - (NAS and SAN) deliverables are completed to scope.
* Ensuring all components are delivered on time, as per the design documentation created by the Solution Architect.
* Co-ordinate the IR (NAS and SAN) Teams.
* Manage any third party deliverables.
* Work closely with the Wave Migration managers to ensure resources are available as per resource forecasting.
* Provide weekly status updates to the Senior Project Manager.
* Provide status updates to the IR Lead, AR (Application Readiness) Lead and Senior project Manager and help field queries for the technical teams, escalating risks and issues where necessary.
* Provide any escalations or key updates to the Senior Program manager Identify risks, issues and dependencies.
Knowledge and Experience
* Bachelor degree
* MBA would be an asset
* 7+ years experience in managing large scale, high visibility projects
* PMP Certification - would be an asset
* Previous Financial Services experience - would be an asset
* Proven leadership and experience leading large scale, high visibility projects is mandatory
* Managing teams of 15+ people within a matrix environment
* Experience managing several significant projects simultaneously
* Solid experience mentoring and guiding teams with project methodology
* Experience following project management best practices and methodologies within the financial or similar industry
Skills and Competencies:
* Strong knowledge of Project Management and PMO methodology
* Superior business acumen
* Strong verbal and written communications skills required to manage communications to all stakeholders
* Advanced knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics
* Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis
* Advanced user proficiency with computer software, such as MS Office, MS Project and/or Visio
* Advanced understanding of IT principals, including lifecycle planning, estimating and architecture
* High level of general management skills including, but not limited to, leading, negotiating, communicating and team building