Accounting & Finance
Network Security Analyst
Harvey Nash Offices:
4301 Waterside Centre
Birmingham Business Park
93-95 Hanover Street
Ref. No.: 338148/001
Location: London - City
Contract: Full-Time TEMPORARY position
Salary: £400 to £460
Network Security Analyst Our client, a leading Financial Services Firm, are looking to hire a Network Security Analyst. Primary Responsibilities:Network Security Analyst
Our client, a leading Financial Services Firm, are looking to hire a Network Security Analyst.
Technical Analysis, Design and Consulting
* Provides consulting services on new initiatives (small to large of varying complexity).
* Assesses researches and analyzes business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs and PLC deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security.
* Develops proposals for senior management.
* Leads detailed design phases for small to large projects/ programs identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues.
* Prepares high level and detailed technical specifications for small to medium projects in accordance with PLC, security and architecture documentation objectives.
* Together with Project Manager, determines best mix of development, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
* Contributes to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
* Organizes and participates in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans.
Coding, Testing & Documentation
* Develops, codes, documents and executes unit test, system, integration and acceptance test using different languages and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
* Ensures adequate technical documentation and training material.
Planning, Implementation & Support
* Develops detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
* Develops master distribution lists, implementation and contingency plans ensuring verification is performed.
* Manages joint development, testing and plans and co-ordinates implementations
* Performs disaster recovery for entire system in different situations.
* Performs performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions.
* Provides on-call support of network appliances and a security role for applications
Relationships & Communication
* Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and interface groups using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close.
* Facilitates small to medium size group meetings for technical design, problem solving and task implementation.
* Prepares and delivers presentations to technology partners.
* Resolves minor conflicts/issues and escalates others as appropriate.
Development & Coaching
* May act as project leader
* Provides direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of more junior staff.
* Continually enhances skills and builds knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems.
Behavioral Competencies (for superior performance)
* Achievement Motivation
* Breakthrough Thinking
* Business Acumen
* Customer Insight
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Strategic Influencing
* Teamwork & Cooperation
* Analytical Thinking
* In depth and current technical knowledge of IP Internetworking and the security exposures and mitigating designs and processes associated with them. Thorough understanding of traditional and next generation network security technologies to identify and combat internal and external threats while delivering a secure, scalable and consistent service.
* Checkpoint certification is an asset
* ITIL Foundation certified
* Palo Alto Certified
* CISSP an asset
* Communication Skills
* Facilitation Skills
* Presentation Skills
* Risk Assessment & Quantification methodologies
* Conflicts and issues resolution and escalation
* Business line(s)' business and technical disciplines
* Experience in network security technology
* Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
* Strong understanding of security exposures and mitigating designs
* IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM & audit requirements
Additional Request Comments: Group: Security Integration, Global Communication Services
* Experience installing, configuring and adminitering CheckPoint and Palo Alto Networks firewalls
* Network Security experience in a mid to large organization
* Experience planning and executing change using the ITIL framework
Nice to have:
* Experience with FireEye, McAfee IPS, Arbor Scrubbers
* Intermediate knowledge of routing protocols (static routing, OSPF, BGP)