IT / Infrastructure
Harvey Nash Offices:
4301 Waterside Centre
Birmingham Business Park
93-95 Hanover Street
Ref. No.: 332645/001
Location: London - City
Contract: Full-Time PERMANENT position
Test Engineer – London - £52k Join a great company in large, fasTest Engineer - London - £52k
Join a great company in large, fast paced media client based in central London with over a hundred year's history in print. The Test Engineer will ensure the quality of all software, websites, and other digital work delivered to consumers and stakeholders.
Responsible for comprehensive quality assurance based on both exploratory and automated testing of feature sets to ensure that the solution is tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, accessibility, usability, and compatibility with other legacy and / or external systems. In addition, the responsibilities will include identifying and registering defects and bugs and managing their lifecycle until successful resolution and retest.
* Responsible for defining, documenting, and executing manual exploratory tests and perform validation testing.
* Where applicable produce scripted tests and test plans for automated testing as part of the Continuous Delivery process.
* Maintain the test data, test scripts and the test environments they execute on.
* Identify, define and assure Acceptance Criteria for user stories and requirements
* Interact with BAs and Developers to ensure alignment on Acceptance Criteria and the expected levels of assurance.
* Ensure traceability of defects to user stories, and if applicable, to the Acceptance Criteria.
* Identify and implement exploratory testing process improvements.
* Perform analysis, research, and problem duplication of software; validate compliance and usability; and document defects and anomalies.
* Log, track, and verify resolution of defects and bugs.
* Clear communicator to ensure ability to define and assure acceptance criteria and to communicate defects and bugs to developers and other stakeholders.
* Creative solving of problems - ability to translate user stories and requirements into verifiable, comprehensive Acceptance Criteria (Agile Story Detailing).
* Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables to find defects and bugs quickly.
* Experience working in Agile environment.
* Knowledge and experience of various testing methods.
* Understanding of software product lifecycle and agile test methodologies such as TDD.
* A good understanding of the Use Case Methodology for validation requirements.
* A background of working in the holiday industry would be beneficial.